Leonor Hambly K8 Return to In-Person Learning Family Information Page
Be sure to review the following before March 15, 2021:
Masks are required for all students and staff on district buses and on campus.
To limit the number of people on campus each day, we will not welcome campus visitors back to school at this time.
- Upon arriving at school, all staff and students will have their temperature taken. If a student develops symptoms of a fever, shortness of breath, cough, vomiting, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, sore throat, congestion, or a runny nose the student will be isolated until they are picked up by a parent or guardian or emergency contact. Staff and families can help this step be a “second safeguard” by checking temperatures and checking for symptoms before leaving the house for school. Students will be dropped off and picked up outside the school office by the front gate.
- Before students are welcomed back to campus, parents will be required to review and sign the enclosed COVID-19 Parental Waiver Release Form. This is an acknowledgement of our procedures and expectations. These forms may be mailed to the school at PO Box 409 Winkelman, AZ 85192 or brought to campus by March 15, 2021.
- All students and staff will be required to wear face masks while they are on school grounds or in a school vehicle. Short “Mask Breaks” will be scheduled outside during the morning session and afternoon session.
- Bus seating will be staggered and spaced as much as possible. If weather permits and it is not raining, bus windows will be open for air circulation. Parents are encouraged to provide their own transportation if possible.
- Students may arrive on campus after 7:30 a.m. Students should not arrive before this time as students need to report straight to their classrooms and staff outside classrooms will focus on monitoring and screening at gate entrances. Parents will not be allowed to walk students to their classrooms.
- Buses will drop off students and pick up students outside the bus entrance gate next to the cafeteria.
- Common and recreational areas will be closed before school and after school.
- Each class will be provided an outside recess time with their grade level only. Freestanding equipment can be used, and no sharing of individual equipment will be permitted.
- Separating students to enter the three entrance gates will help screening and walking to designated areas to be smooth swift and organized.
- Bus gate: located to the right of the cafeteria at the bus drop off area is designated for bus riders.
- Front gate: located in front of the K8 basketball court is designated for parent drop offs and walkers.
- Back gate: located in the back of the campus on Giffin street is designated for walkers coming from the back side of campus.
- Classrooms, restrooms and surface areas and school buses will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided by the cafeteria and eaten in the classroom. Students may bring their own however sharing of food or drinks will not be allowed and there are no student microwaves available for reheating.
- Each class will be provided an outside recess time with their grade level only.
- Students and staff will wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon entry to every classroom as necessary throughout the day.
- Student desks will be spaced as far apart as possible. Individual student screens will be placed in front of student’s seating areas.
- To the greatest extent possible, sharing of materials will be limited. If items must be shared, they will be disinfected between uses.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottle daily. All water bottles will need to be washed each day. Water filler stations have been installed on campus.