· Students are asked to stay in their original seat for the duration of the ride. Bus drivers may implement a seating chart to secure student safety.
· Keep all parts of the body and all objects inside the bus.
· Students should maintain an “inside voice” when having conversation, use appropriate language, and conduct themselves in a calm manner while on the bus.
· All school expectations apply while on the bus.
· Positive behavior that will not distract the bus driver from operating the bus safely is required. Student actions that endanger themselves, the driver, or other students will require disciplinary action.
· Windows should remain closed unless the driver gives permissions for them to be open.
· Pets and animals are allowed on the bus only if permission is granted prior to the date of transportation.
· Keep the bus neat and clean.
· Keep book bags, books, packages, coats, and other objects out of the aisles. Keep all body parts clear of the aisles when seated.
· Eating is only permitted when the driver has givenpermission.
· Talking is expected to stop when approaching and crossing railroad tracks.
· Students should respect school property by never tampering with, damaging, or defacing anything in or on the bus, or any of the bus or school equipment.
· The school district is not responsible for items left on the bus.
Entering and Exiting the Bus
· Use emergency door only in an emergency.
· In the event of emergency, stay on the bus and await instructions from the bus driver.
· Athletic footwear equipped with cleats or spikes should be kept in bags until exiting the bus.
· Observe safety precautions at all discharge points. When necessary, always cross a street in front of the bus.
· Use the handrail when entering and exiting the bus.
· Regular bus stops are the only place a driver will stop.
Outside of the Bus
· All school rules apply while on at a bus stop, or waiting for the bus.
· Be at your bus stop on time.
· Students should wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before approaching the bus.
· For their own safety students should never crawl under a bus or run behind the bus.
· Wear light colored clothing while waiting at a bus stop.
· Parents are responsible to supervise students until they board the bus and upon existing the bus.